This past summer, community members took the time and effort to provide input to the City Council and City Manager about the proposed 2013-2014 Budget for the City of Tacoma.
Through a variety of methods: community meetings, questionnaires, surveys and letters and emails, people and organizations - including the Tacoma-Pierce Co. Chamber - shared their thoughts about the priorities of City services. On October 2, T.C. Broadnax, City Manager, shared a proposed budget with the City Council. You can view and/or download the proposed budget following this link: http://www.cityoftacoma.org/
Here are the dates the City Council and City Manager will conduct a second round of community meetings in October and November:
- Monday, Oct. 22, 6-8pm, Gray Middle School, 6229 S. Tyler St. Commons
- Wednesday, Oct. 24, 6-8pm, Wheelock Library, 3722 N. 26th
- Monday, Oct. 29, 6-8pm, Main Library, 1102 Tacoma Ave., Olympic Room
- Thursday, Nov. 1, 6-8pm, Lincoln High School, 701 S. 37th
- Monday,Nov. 5, 6-8pm, Center at Norpoint, 4818 Nassau Ave., NE, Cascade Room