Downtown On the Go honored five downtown businesses for their exemplary work in sustainable transportation and commute options today. The honorees were acknowledged and presented their awards at the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber’s Luncheon featuring Transportation Innovator Awards at the
Award winners include:
· Bold Step/Big Program: Columbia Bank for adopting the Live Downtown Program
· Leaders in New Program: HomeStreet Bank for being leaders in Live Downtown Program for its inception
· Sustainable Transportation Program: BLRB Architects for providing and promoting sustainable commute options and playing a leadership role in the community
· Biking Strong: GeoEngineers for leadership and participation in Bike Month 2012
· Parking Alternatives Program: UW Tacoma for long term planning and excellence in promoting sustainable transportation
· Continued Leadership in Commute Trip Reduction:
Burley, Employee Transportation Coordinator, UW Tacoma
Downtown On the Go presents the Transportation Innovator Awards annually to acknowledge and celebrate work being done that helps meet the Downtown On the Go goal of reducing the number of single-occupancy vehicles by 11 percent by 2015.
Visit Downtown On the Go's website for more information.