- Incorporate appropriate sections of the traffic study into the S-8 Shoreline Master Plan Regulations;
- Implement the recommended three priority projects;
- Participating entities need to take study recommendations back to their boards/commissions (Chamber and Port of Tacoma);
- Increase coordination of advanced facility planning between the City of Tacoma and the Port of Tacoma;
- Facilitate partnerships to share infrastructure costs to maintain existing uses and to increase economic development in the study area.
The Chamber Board has committed staff resources to follow-through with involvement in the two City Council committees evaluating the implementation options. The Chamber will push for implementation of at least the top three recommendations