Public input has been pivotal to the “Tacoma 2025” strategic planning process, and anyone who is interested in sharing their ideas for how Tacoma could evolve over the next decade is invited to a community visioning workshop at:
- the Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center (1500 Broadway in Tacoma)
- on Wednesday, July 30, from 6 – 8:30 p.m. (with doors opening at 5 p.m.
- for an open house reception).
Event parking will be available at no charge in any of the Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center’s garages.
The information gathered throughout the “Tacoma 2025” strategic planning process will result in a citywide strategic plan which will outline steps to achieve a shared community vision for Tacoma’s future. It will also help inform decision making regarding the City’s resource allocations to ensure that funding is available to actualize community priorities identified in the plan.
The “Tacoma 2025” Plan will focus on seven key areas:
• Public health and safety
• Quality of life and livability
• Economic vibrancy
• Culture, arts, and recreation
• Educational opportunity and attainment
• Government performance
• Infrastructure, mobility, and environmental sustainability
In addition to the upcoming visioning workshop, the City has also provided other opportunities for the community to get involved in the “Tacoma 2025” strategic planning process:
• An online community forum at tacoma2025.com where visitors can comment on key topics and respond to other community members’ ideas.
• Informational booths at a variety of community events this summer, including the South Tacoma and Proctor Farmer’s Markets and Ethnic Fest.
For more information, visit tacoma2025.com, email or call 311 within Tacoma city limits.