"Bipartisan coalition forms majority in Washington State Senate. Coalition focused on jobs, education and budget with shared committee structure."
"Democrat and Republican senators announced today that they have formed a Majority Coalition Caucus to lead the Senate during the 2013 legislative session. Twenty-five state senators have committed themselves to a set of principles that will guide the work of the new caucus, including:
- promoting job growth and a vibrant economy;
- creating a sustainable budget and living within the state’s means;
- providing a world-class education system through reforms and enhancements;
- governing collaboratively to protect the most vulnerable while prioritizing the needs of middle-class Washingtonians; and
- setting priorities for state government and holding it accountable."
For more on this, please see the Majority Coalition Caucus's press release at: http://src.leg.wa.gov/news/2012/joint/121012MCC.htm
The News Tribune's Coverage is at: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/12/10/2397605/2-dems-to-work-with-gop-to-control.html