The Pierce County Emergency Operations Center today will begin collecting damage information from homeowners and business owners affected by this week's winter storm.Callers should have the following information available:
Residents and business owners in Pierce County that suffered damage should call the Pierce County Damage Assessment Center at (866) 798-6363 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Name and address of affected property
• Contact information (cell phone, relatives phone number, "new" mailing address)
• Type of insurance
• A description of damage, even if uninsured
• A personal estimate of uninsured losses
• Estimates of the fair market value of the damaged home or business (it is not necessary at this point for property owners to have a contractor's estimate)
The findings from this assessment will be used by the Governor to request a possible disaster declaration and federal disaster assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. The process could take up to a couple of weeks or more. FEMA disaster assistance, if and when it becomes available, only covers uninsured losses.
Visit Pierce County's blog for up to date emergency information.