Among other advice, he stressed how important it is to:
- Have a vision and a passion for what you are doing.
- Believe in your talent.
- Set goals. Citing his own goal of “playing until he was 40,” when he was starting out in the NBA, Donaldson kept going until he surpassed his goal, playing until he was 42 years old.
- Empower your employees, your “team.”
- Engage in peer-to-peer networking.
- Know who the “MVP is of your “team.”
- Accept that change will happen, if you stand still, things like technology and your
competition will “run you over.”
Visit the Chamber's website for those selected for the 2010 Spotlight! On Business Awards.