The Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber is half-way through its 25th annual trip to Washington, D.C.
In just the last 24 hours, the 25 delegates participating in this trip have met with half of the congressional delegation, defense installation officials at the Pentagon and members from the Office of Economic Adjustment.
In those meetings, the Chamber team has discussed issues ranging from schools on military bases to debt reduction strategies, including:
- Ensuring adequate medicare reimbursement for our state from the federal government
- Requesting corrective legislation that would limit the unfair impacts of health care on temp job companies
- Pushing for action on the Solo Point wastewater issue on Joint Base Lewis McChord
- Limiting the impacts of encroachment around Joint Base Lewis McChord
- Funding green energy concerpts like landfill gas conversion to CNG
- Support Our Soldiers model program concept