A special 3-day candidate filing period will be held June 5-7, 2013 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. State law requires a reopening of the filing period when no one files for a position during the regular filing period.
Declarations of Candidacy will be accepted for the following offices:
- City of Roy - Council Position 3
- Town of South Prairie - Mayor and Council Position 5
- Dieringer School District No. 343 - Director District 1 and 2
- Eatonville School District No. 404 - Director District 2
- Crystal Mountain Fire District No. 25 - Commissioner Positions 1, 2 and 3
- Greenwater Fire District No. 26 - Commissioner Position 2
- Ashford Water District - Commissioner Position 1
- Burnett Water District - Commissioner Positions 2 and 3
- Clear Lake Water District - Commissioner Position 2
- Elbe Water District - Commissioner Positions 2 and 3
- Elkhorn Water District - Commissioner Positions 1, 2 and 3
- Kopachuck Ridge Estates Water District - Commissioner Positions 1, 2 and 3
- McKenna Water District - Commissioner Position 2
- Valley Water District - Commissioner Position 3
- Crystal Mountain Sewer District - Commissioner Position 2
Online filing ends June 7 at 4:00 p.m. In-person filing ends June 7 at 4:30 p.m. at the Pierce County Election Center located at 2501 S. 35th St., Suite C, Tacoma.
After filing, candidates will be provided a link to submit a statement and photo for the General Election Local Voters’ Pamphlet. The statement and photo must be submitted online by 4:30 p.m. on June 10, 2013. Candidates filing for these offices will appear on the Nov. 5 General Election ballot.
The Pierce County Auditor's Office is responsible for elections, licensing services, a variety of public records and animal control services. More information about the office is available at www.piercecountyauditor.org.