The Chamber’s major trade award will be presented at the World Trade Center Tacoma Annual Globe Dinner, Thursday, September 6, 2012.
· The George Francis Train International Business Commemorative is presented annually by the Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber to recognize a local business or individual who has made a significant contribution to international business.
Previous recipients are:
23 2011 Boeing Company22 2010 Lt. Gov. Brad Owen
21 2009 Emerald Home Furnishings
20 2008 Jack Fabulich, Port of Tacoma
19 2007 Kirk Company
18 2006 BNSF Railway
17 2005 Toray Composites (America), Inc.
16 2004 Bill Matthaei, Roman Meal Company
15 2003 Steve Seher, Auto Warehousing, Inc.
14 2002 Sagem MORPHO, Inc.
13 2001 Art Morrison, Art Morrison Enterprises
12 2000 L. T. Murray, Jr., Murray Pacific Corp.
11 1999 Kyle Smith, Smith-Western Company
10 1998 Phil Lelli, I.L.W.U., Local #23
9 1997 Greg Schellberg, Evergreen Partnership
8 1996 Weyerhaeuser Company
7 1995 George Russell, Frank Russell Company
6 1994 Hun & Chun Choe, J.C. Auto Part Group, Ltd.
5 1993 Darrell W. Jesse, Jesse Engineering
4 1992 Fred Haley, Brown & Haley/Almond Roca Intl.
3 1991 Chuck Doan, Port of Tacoma
2 1990 Ted Kennard, B.A. McKenzie & Co.
1 1989 Kathy Cobb, Puget Sound National Bank
This award was developed in recognition of the tremendous growth in international business locally and for its significant economic and cultural contribution to our community. The award honors an individual or organization making a significant contribution to the international business community of Tacoma-Pierce County. Nominations should address these objectives. Nominations for the George Francis Train Commemorative are to be made directly to the Chamber. No prescribed forms are required.
Nominations for the G.F. Train International Business Commemorative should be made by Friday, June 15 to
The World Trade Center Tacoma presents four awards. Nominations for those awards should be made directly to the World Trade Center Tacoma by June 8. To see the Nomination Requirements, click here. To download a Nomination Form, click here. Self-nominations are accepted.
- EXPORTER OF THE YEAR - A company that has significantly contributed to exports from Washington State
- IMPORTER OF THE YEAR - A company that has significantly contributed to imports to Washington State
- SERVICE PROVIDER OF THE YEAR- A company (e.g., bank, freight forwarder, insurer, attorney, accounting firm, customs broker, educational institution, or other organization) that has provided the business community with significant assistance in international trade or international business
- EMERGING BUSINESS OF THE YEAR - A company, 3 years old or less, in Washington State that has shown significant promise in the field of international trade